October 2019

October 2019

Monday, September 30, 2019

FUN FALL WREATH FOR $4



It all started on a quick stop into the good ole Dollar Tree.  Is there such a thing as a quick stop into that place?  I mean, I get completely lost in there and find far too many treasures every single time I go.  Today, on a mission to buy one foil pan, I thought, "Hmmm...maybe I'll just glance at the crafting aisle".  Aren't those some famous last words!  The picture above shows you what happened next.  I decided to just see what I could do with the six items in that photo. How cute is that lacy burlap ribbon?! Well done, Dollar Tree.


Since I was winging it, the first thing I did was pull apart the rafia.  I love rafia.  It is organic looking to me, and I love mixing it with other textures.  I love using it as ribbon on packages, tying little pieces around really all of the things.  I love it.  Once I got it all unraveled, I decided to make a bow for my wreath.  I follow a blog called Re-fabbed and I love her post on making a simple bow.  I used it to make this one out of the rafia, the burlap and the orange meshy glittery ribbon.  So simple and really easy to do.

Then I loosely wrapped the wreath with strips of rafia, being careful to tuck the ends back into the wreath.  Somehow, I did this without using any glue.  It wasn't handy, and I was on a mission.  When you're on a mission to do a impromptu crafting project, who has time to go find the glue?  Once it was all wrapped and tucked and secure, I tied the bow on and it was finished!  That's it, folks.  I ditched the flowers for this project, because they kind of looked way too fake for me.  That took my total spent on this down to $4!


There's the final product.  It's fun and adds a little something to our home.  I'm on the fence about whether that bow is too big or not, but I think it's okay. Go check out Dollar Tree and see what inspiration you find!  Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment