October 2019

October 2019

Thursday, March 12, 2015


Recipe Card Swap

Granola is a real treat to me.  It's crunchy and salty and sweet.  What could be better, really?  As a person with nut sensitivities, I always have to be so careful to avoid store-bought granola.  I know nuts add a healthy and yummy twist, but I really think that there should be more nut-free options available.  Anyway, years ago, I found a nut-free granola brand that I loved.  It was super crunchy, and the manufacturer kept it in big chunks.  Those crunchy chunks really made it.  It was addictive!  This recipe comes so close to that, now no longer available, brand.  What a lucky thing to have stumbled upon.    


It is a basic recipe, and you can add in anything you choose. When I made this batch last week, I added milk chocolate chips, dried cranberries and raisins.  




Once it cooled, I broke it up but was mindful to keep some larger pieces.  A big, glass jar is perfect to store the granola, and it keeps fresh for over a week.  It's usually gone by then around here!  



I like to keep a baggie of this in my purse, for those times when you just need a little something.  Add this one to your recipe collection.  It's tasty!



BONUS RECIPE ALERT



I used both of yesterdays tools last week, while baking the Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins you see here.  So, here is a bonus recipe!  Yum.  Yum. Yum.  These pretty little muffins browned in the oven, while my sons dinner cooked on the stovetop. I popped them in the freezer, and they were ready to serve my guests this week.  I hope you like them as much as we do!  They are a dense and cakey type of muffin, which is why I like them so much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment